Muirhall Energy is a dynamic and innovative developer of renewable energy projects - Join us in the renewables revolution!
Muirhall Energy is a dynamic and innovative developer of renewable energy projects, based in South Lanarkshire, within an easy drive of Livingston, Glasgow and Edinburgh. Continuing to grow our wind farm portfolio and breaking into new markets has opened opportunities to further expand our team.
The Project Assistant role is based within our planning and delivery team who focus on the development and delivery of onshore wind farms and other renewable technologies. This position is part of our ongoing graduate recruitment programme and is likely to suit a graduate who is wishing to develop their skills and expeience in the renewable energy sector. This role will provide the candidate with the opportunity to work across all areas of the business from site identification to construction and operation.
• To assist in the preparation of technical reports and participate in the presentation of the results of technical studies
• Use available software tools to analyse sites and carry out site surveys to identify the viability for commercial wind/renewable projects
• To support other team members in timely progression of projects to contractual conclusion and planning consent
• Learn to use software, such as WindPro, Q-GIS and Swept Path Analysis to produce maps, plans , photomontages and other design based documents to identify or refine sites and in the submission of supporting statements of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) for planning applications
• Contribute to preliminary and detailed multidisciplinary technical studies during the prospecting, site assessment, EIA, consenting and design phases of all renewable developments
• Develop and maintain project registers for each project managed
• Attend and participate in site and community visits and meetings
• Liaise effectively with team members to ensure the projects are suitably supported
• To provide administrative support including document formatting, dealing with telephone calls, delivering documents, research and any other reasonable tasks required to support the team in delivering our projects
• Comfortable working on projects with evolving scopes, in the context of competing priorities
• Capable of developing and building excellent client and community relationships
• Team working across mulitple projects and the wider company
• UK Driving Licence
• Educated to degree level at 2:1, or above
• Able to write clear, concise and accurate reports and communications in English
• Strong organisational & interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to flex work practice and demonstrate agile thinking
This is an exciting position that will offer the right person a very challenging and rewarding role. In return you can expect:
• Company Pension Scheme
• Competitive salary
• Excellent benefits package, including private health care
• Inspiring workplace with opportunities for career advancement
• Agile working hours
Complete the application form at the bottom of the page and send with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put ‘Project Assistant Application’ in the subject box. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged. Alternatively, please submit your application form and letter in writing to:
Director of Business Operations
For further details, please contact Mhairi on 01501 785088
Closing date: 27th January 2022
Successful applicants will be invited for an informal chat on 8th or 9th February to find out a little more about who we are and where we work. Candidates may then be invited to return for interview on either 15th or 16th February.
Should Covid 19 restrictions dictate, both informal chats and interviews may be held via Microsoft Teams. This will be confirmed to any candidates who are successful in reaching these stages.